Santa Claus is coming to town (and it's sooner than you may think!)
As Christmas nears you can get into the festive spirit by visiting Santa’s Magical Kingdom, which opens this November at Caulfield Racecourse.
Now in its eighth year at Melbourne, the annual event brings the North Pole to Aussie soil, and with the abundance of attractions, activities and performances at hand it’s easy for visitors to feel like they’ve landed in an alternate ‘Christmassy’ universe.
- Explore the walk-through winter wonderland known as Snow Land, which resembles the closest thing to a Northern Hemisphere winter in Australia and features fake, freefalling snow for added effect.
- While there you might come face to face with the Snow Queen, but despite her icy appearance she’s super friendly and you can even get a photo with her.
- Ride-lovers are spoilt for choice with a variety of amusements available, including one of the largest Super Slide’s in Australia, Santa’s Sleigh Ride, a Giant Ferris Wheel, The Elves Magical Train Ride and more.
- Foodies are not forgotten either. Drop past Gingerbread Land to decorate your very own gingerbread men which also makes for a fantastic take-home gift (that is if you’re not tempted to eat it then and there!)
- If you’re a fan of theatrics, the International Christmas Spectacular has you covered. The exciting new addition to Santa’s Magical Kingdom features amazing performers and circus acts handpicked from around the world. Young or old, the breathtaking acts will leave you on the edge of your seat.
- It might be called Santa’s Magical Kingdom and all but Mrs Claus serves just as important of a role, sharing the spotlight with her jolly husband.
Head over to Mrs Claus Land where you can meet the lady in question. There you can write up your very own letter to Santa and if you need any assistance she’ll be on hand to help. Mrs Claus considers herself a bit of a bookworm and will also be offering regular storytelling sessions to visitors at the event. From children’s classics to newer titles, as long as it’s festive, she’ll probably be reading it.
- Of course it wouldn’t be Santa’s Magical Kingdom without an appearance by the man himself. What better way to finish off a fantastic day’s outing then meeting Santa and getting a professional photo with him to take home.
Santa’s Magical Kingdom is open from November 22 until December 28. Tickets to the event quickly sell out and can be purchased by visiting ticketmaster.com.au or calling 1300 307 740.